Dr. Ley at work
NOTE: ALL FEES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Those listed here do not necessarily reflect the current fees set for each item below. Call the office for current fee estimates.
ALL STALLIONS COLLECTED AT OUR FACILITY WILL BE TESTED NEGATIVE FOR EIA AND EVA ON AN ANNUAL BASIS, OR THEY WILL NOT BE ADMITTED FOR OUR REPRODUCTIVE SERVICES PROGRAMS.
Semen Collection, Evaluation and Shipment for Extended, Cooled AI
- Semen collection, sperm motility, volume of gel-free semen, sperm count, total sperm per ejaculate, extension as needed, and semen packaging.
- Centrifugation and re-suspension if required is extra ($25)
- Equitainer rental fee is extra ($75)
- FedEx shipment and return are extra.
- Pre-paid deposit on an Equitainer may be required: $450.00/ shipment, Equitainer rental fee is $75.00, return must occur within 5 business days, or additional fee of $45.00/day will be charged. Deposit refunded upon return of Equitainer
- An 'emergency collection fee' will apply if less than 24 hours prior notice is given to Dr. Ley ($100.00 additioinal fee). There is no guarantee that such a collection may be possible.
Stallion Breeding Soundness Examination:
- $750.00/stallion. Includes physical exam, external genitalia exam, palpation and ultrasonography of scrotum, testes, internal accessory glands and ducts, semen collection (2 collections, 1 hour apart) and complete semen quality evaluation, longevity testing for cooled shipped semen usage.
- Semen and external genitalia bacterial cultures, EIA, and EAV serology as applicable are additional.
Training inexperienced stallions to mount phantom
- $225.00/session, plus daily board at $45.00/day or outpatient fees as applicable
Stallion Semen Collection for Cryopreservation
- Initial semen collection and evaluation for freezing suitability ($550.00)
- Subsequent collections for freezing suitable ejaculates ($385.00)
- Frozen semen storage fees: ($30-40.00 per month depending on number of units)
- Vapor (dry) shipper rental is $125.00/shipment (domestic) $225.00(international)
- Handling fee is $75.00/shipment (domestic) and $150.00 (international)
- Refundable shipping container deposit is $900.00
- Emergency shipping fee if less than 24 hours notice ($100.00) - no guarantees to availability on notice less than 24 hours.
Note: New Client Fee, Office Visit Fee , Farm Call Fee and/or other fees may also apply. Please speak with Dr. Ley.
Dr. Ley manages frozen semen storage and distribution:
Liquid nitrogen storage tanks are available on site for a limited supply of frozen semen straws. Bulk storage for large numbers of straws is located off-site at a commercial semen freezing and storage facility (North American Breeders, Inc.). He can coordinate and arrange semen shipments from your bulk supplies within 24-48 hours and have it shipped overnight to your contracted mare owner. The mare owner must provide a valid credit card number for payment of all fees in advance.
1. Frozen Semen Shipment Terms and Fees as a pdf file.